Search This Blog

11/9/13

My Favorite Bookmarks Appear and Disappear on Chrome

So I noticed some of my favorite, quick pick web pages missing
from the top of my screen on Google Chrome.  My internet browser is Google Chrome and I noticed that when I open a new tab, my favorites (ie favorite website displayed as a button / icon at the top of the page ) appear for a second, then disappear.

This was a bit of a pain in the butt as I would have to click on the tab, then very click (or sometimes double click) on the favorite button before it disappeared.  What a pain in the butt that was to do.

So I tried clicking the "restore default tab" link on my screen (at the time of this post it is located in the top right corner of my screen when I open a new tab in Chrome ) and initially it looks as though it would work but, frankly, it doesn't.

So how did I keep my favorite buttons from appearing and disappearing from my computer screen when running Google Chrome ?

Actually it is pretty easy to  restore your favorites and here is how I did it.  Keep in mind this post presumes that you set up favorites as icons / buttons that appear in the bar just below the tabs / url field at the top of the screen.

OK... .here you go.  Open a new tab. Then just press control-shift-B.  Make sure you are holding all of them down at the same time and do it in that order.  Your favorite websites will then reappear.  If you already have them set up, they will disappear.

Here's a step by step for those of you who want a bit more detail

Step 1 - Open Tab

Open a new tab on Chrome so you now looking at a clear search bar. 

If you don't open a new tab it might not work.  For example, I did it here while typing this post and it made all my characters bold , which is something you don't want. Open a new tab and go to step two....

Step 2 - CTRL - SHIFT - B (seem important notes below)

Press down - CONTROL Button on your keyboard (ie "CTRL") and keep holding it down - Press down SHIFT (keep holding it down while holding down CTRL) - Press down the Letter B  (keep holding it down while holding the SHIFT and CTRL key down) 

So in plain terms  CTRL-SHIFT-B    but remember to do them in order while holding them all down.  I tried CTRL-B-SHIFT instead (while holding them down and it didn't work.

Step 3 - You've Done it!

Your favorite site icons you lost will reappear at the top of the screen. Now bask in your glory :-)


Another Cool (I hope) Post

No comments:

Post a Comment