Search This Blog

4/16/12

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest Writer Drives Cross Country

Ken Kesey wrote the novel“One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest” and it was immensely popular. A movie was made based on his book staring Jack Nicholson and numerous plays have been produced based on his book. You would think that Kesey is the bookish, nerdy type but he was far from hit. He associated himself with both the beat generation and the hippie movement.

Kesey was once part of a government study using psychoactive drugs. This led to further experimentation that went beyond the government project and a lifelong acceptance and use of drugs.....which I don't recommend that our readers do. Very bad for you :-)

I loved the film “One Flew Over The Kuckoo’s Nest” I never knew though that Kesey was such an interesting character. I recently saw a film where Ken Kesey takes an old school bus, has a bunch of friends paint it, and then they travel cross country to New York. It is quite a motley bunch on a motley trip.

I wrote a review of this journey that Kesey and his “Merry Pranksters” take. The film is called “Magic Trip”
I wrote a review of this film and linked It here. 

3 comments:

  1. “One Flew Over The Kuckoo’s Nest” is a life changing movie. It shows you what very few people go through on a daily basis.( Derek H)

    ReplyDelete
  2. “One Flew Over The Kuckoo’s Nest” was an eye opener to the realities that some individuals have to endure constantly because of their mental health ( Derek H)

    ReplyDelete
  3. “One Flew Over The Kuckoo’s Nest” to me changed my prospective on the way i think people who may have mental issues should me treated.

    ReplyDelete