Search This Blog

4/7/12

The Text Font is Too Small And Page too Big On MS Word


I was working on MS Word and I noticed that the font of the text was coming up much smaller than usual. I also noticed that the actual document page (the size of the white background) was much larger than normal. I tried reducing the size of the page by clicking the block in the upper right corner but I didn’t get the result I had hoped for.

I had just started a new Word document so rather than figure out what was going on, I just closed the document without saving any changes I just started it so I wasn’t really losing anything. Then I reopened thinking everything would look the “correct”way like it used to. I was surprised to see that the Word document was still coming out with tiny letters and a bigger background to type on.

Fixing this was really easy to do. It took me a minute to figure it out but I got it eventually.

Step 1

Open Microsoft Word and then look to the top of your computer screen. Look for “View”

Step 2

Click “View” and the tab will open with a ton of options to choose from

Step 3

Look to the left of this tab where the section is that says “Print Layout”, “Full Screen Reading”, “Web Layout”,“Outline” and ”Draft”

My guess is if your text font is too small and the page is too big then your Word doc is likely set to “Web Layout” or perhaps “Full Screen Reading”

Step 4

Click on “Print Layout” and your document should change the view to something you are more familiar with.

I hope that helps you to get the old text size and layout size back to the view you want in Microsoft Word. This worked for me but your issue may vary from mine. Keep messing around in the “View” settings if this doesn’t work.

More MS Word Stuff.....

If you want to flip, switch, change up different paragraphs in Microsoft Word really easy check out this post I did to learn how - Click Here

Everyone can boil and egg right?  Probably, but some do it better than others, here's out to do it right - Click Here


No comments:

Post a Comment