Hi! You don't have to constantly remember to change the Time on your word documents you use repeatedly (such as form letters, business forms etc). You can simply have Microsoft Word auto fill the time for you right on your computer! Read on to learn How to Automatically Insert Current Time on Word easy
The First part of this article will explain this process for those of you using Microsoft Word 2007 and 2010. The second part will explain for earlier versions of Word.
For Word 2007 and 2010
Go ahead and open up MS Word and open the document that needs the time auto-updated.
Find the area on the document where you want to show the time and click on that area.
In the upper left areaof your PC screen there is an INSERT tab. Click on it
In the area that appears below the insert tab look for the DATE AND TIME icon. On my Word 2010 it actually says "Date and Time" on 2007 it just shows a tiny calendar icon with a really small clock on it. It looks like the picture below. Click on it.
Inside the DATE AND TIME window that appears you'll see a section to the left called AVAILABLE FORMATS. Click the time format you prefer
Supposedly ou can show the date and time in whatever language you want. If you need to change the language click the LANGUAGE drop down box in the upper right. I admit, mine only has the "English" option.
SUPER, SUPER IMPORTANT. Look to the botton of this window near toward the right. Be sure that the AUTOMATIC UPDATES check box is 'checked' . If it is not checked, your time will not update automatically, which defeats the whole purpose of this post.
Click OK and now your time will update for you each time you open this MS Word 2007 or 2010 document
- 1 OK, let's automatically insert the current time in versions earlier than 2007 ! Start up Microsoft Word on your computer and open your preferred Word document so that it shows on your computer monitor screen
- 2 Click anywhere on your Microsoft word document where you want to insert the current time
- 3 At the upper left of your PC screen, click on INSERT
- 4 In the drop down box that appears, choose DATE AND TIME
- 5 There's a drop box to the left that appears on your computer monitor called AVAILABLE FORMATS. Click the time format you prefer
- 6 You also have the option of choosing a language to display it in on the right side of the drop down box.
- 7 This is VERY IMPORTANT. Look to the lower right of the drop down box. Be sure that the AUTOMATIC UPDATES check box is 'checked' . This will allow word to auto fill the current time as a field for you each time you open the document.
- 8 Click OK and you are all set! Don't forget to save the document as well.
- 9Thanks for reading my How To Automatically Insert Current time on Word Easy
Please Check out These Other Posts By Me :-)
Click Here to Learn How to Remove the NetFlix DVD from the Envelope
Is NetFlix Customer Service any Good? Learn Here
Enjoy PayDay Candy on The Bus? Learn To Make This Bar Even Better