Search This Blog

4/26/11

Take Out USB Drive From Computer Does it Damage it?

If you want to take out the USB drive from your computer you can simply take it out. People do it all the time without any physical harm to the computer port or the drive itself.  I do not recommend simply taking it out though.  While it is true that I have pulled it out many times myself without incident, I have heard other horror stories of lost data.

Lost data seems to be by far the biggest complaint.   It seems as though it can take a while for your system to write data between then USB drive and your computer.  If you don't put it in the "safe" mode there is a chance that things haven't finished "writing" and you'll lose your saved information.

I wrote an article that will show you how to take out a USB drive from your computer.  I have linked it below.


Best Way to Take Out USB Drive from PC


I have written plenty of other posts as well and really could use a few great readers like yourself to check them out. Please also take a look at some of my other TurtleDog posts. I'd appreciate it a great deal.

MORE POSTS BY ME


Getting Service From NetFlix - Good Help - Yep! What Do You Think?

Who's Behind That Magical Peeps Marshmallow Recipes ? - Learn Here 

Find Stuff on Your Hard Drive Faster With This Tip - Learn Here


Thanks so much for stopping by!!


2 comments:

  1. Unplugging a USB device from a computer without safely removing it can cause hardware damage on the USB device. in many instances, this can cause data loss.

    PC technical support

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jack for the great information! Good stuff on preventing damage to the hardware on the USB.

    ReplyDelete