Be Sure Confectioner Thermometer is right
From time to time, especially when using another person's candy thermometer, you want to test how accurate it is. Read on to learn how to Check Candy Thermometer Temperature Accuracy
- 1 Find a kitchen pot that is big enough to fit your candy thermometer. Be sure that the pot is large enough to boil water.
- 2 Fill the pot with enough water so that you will be able to put your thermometer in the water. I usually use hot water out of the faucet as it helps it boil faster.
- 3 If you haven't already put the pot on your oven range and put on high flame.
- 4 Let the water come to a good rolling boil, then put the thermometer in the boiling water. Be careful not to touch the water as you will burn yourself if you do.
- 5 If you are at sea level, the candy thermometer should read 212 degrees Fahrenheit. If it does not read this temperature, you'll now be able to do the 'mental' adjustments in your head
- 6 Be sure to subtract 1 degree for every 500 feet above sea level.
- 7 Thank you so much for reading my how to Check Candy Thermometer Temperature Accuracy
OK, Now You Have the Candy Thermometer Ready, Use it!