Keep from Gettting Fined in Ez Pass Lane
It'll happen eventually... you'll get on the turnpike using EzPass. Since you have EzPass you won't take your turnpike ticket. Then you'll get into a cash only no EzPass lane to pay. How do you avoid the fines? How to do you pay? Read on to learn How to Avoid Traffic Ticket Pay EzPass Toll in Wrong Cash Only Lane
- 1 OK, you are driving along in your car with your valid EzPass. You are approaching the tolls.
- 2 You always check to be sure you are entering a lane that accepts EzPass.
- 3 If you mistakenly drive your car into a cash only lane, don't panic.
- 4 Pull your car up to the toll booth operator and stop the car. Be courteous
- 5 Tell him or her that you accidentally pulled into the cash only lane. Say you are sorry and ask what you need to do.
- 6 The toll operator will look annoyed and roll his or her eyes as if you're the dumbest thing on Earth (your not, trust me :-)
- 7 Then they will ask you for your EzPass. Don't do what I did and start reading your account number off the EzPass unit attached to your car windshield. They'll just roll their eyes again and probably think how lucky they are that they are so much smarter than you :-)
- 8 Actually hand the toll operator the EzPass off your windshield. It may appear to be permanently fixed on your windshield but it is actually held on to your automobile by velcro
- 9 The operator will scan your EzPass and then hand you a receipt. They won't give your EzPass back until you sign the receipt.
- 10 Make sure the receipt looks accurate, sign it and hand it back.
- 11 The cashier will give you back your EzPass. Make sure you get it back. Put it back on your car's windshield right away so you don't forget.
- 12 Say thank you and drive off. If you're lucky, you'll get a 'You're Welcome'. If not, don't take it personally. These hard working folks deal with road rage induced automobile drivers all day long.
- 13Thanks for reading my How to Avoid Traffic Ticket Pay EzPass Toll in Wrong Cash Only Lane