Getting a Machine that Will Stamp and Seal Mail
Whether for home or business , if you send tons of mail , you may decide to rent a machine that allows you to automatically apply postage to letters . Read on to learn How to Rent a Mail Postage Meter Sealer Mailer Machine
- Moderately Easy
- 1 First, determine how fast of a machine you want and how many letters it can carry. Mailers / mailing systems come in a variety of speeds. Determine how many letters per minute you'll need to process.
- 2 Determine if you want a sealer added to you machine. A sealer will automatically seal your envelopes so you don't have to lick each letter yourself. Keep in mind a sealer can add almost double your monthly rent but is worth it if you are doing scores or hundreds of envelopes
- 3 Remember that each postage system comes with a postage meter. You can't avoid this and the additional monthly price (usually around $20) is non-negotiable. The US Postal service owns this and collects the rent through the distributor that rents you your mail machine
- 4 Does the monthly rent cover maintenance costs? It should. Be sure it does.
- 5 Does the monthly rent cover all training? It should. Be sure it does. A trained technician should come out and take all the time necessary to train the staff using this equipment
- 6 Does the rent include rate insurance ? Every time the US Postal Service ( USPS ) changes the postal rate there is a charge to upgrade the equipment to the new rate. Rate Insurance is more or less obsolete since the upgrades are no longer mechanical, rather it is a simple download. Never the less be sure there is rate insurance or at least be sure there are no extra charges when a new rate comes through.
- 7 When you've decided on a price, find out how long it will take to deliver the equipment to you.
- 8 Determine if they'll ship to you facility for free. In my experience they do. Once the equipment arrives you contact a service rep and they'll come out and install.
- 9 Look over the lease agreement carefully. Don't be afraid to negotiate terms. An important term is your obligation. Are you obligated on a quarterly basis? Yearly? Monthly? I've had no problem asking for monthly and getting it. I hate the idea of paying rent for any longer than a month after I decide to return it.
- 10That's about it. Just some tips above that I hope help out. Thanks for reading my How To Rent a Mail Postage Meter Sealer Mailer Machine article