Completing FedEx USA Shipping Airbill Form for Business
Hi! Even in this computer age we still need to get hard business documents to people quickly. For those of you who ship packages and documents by shipping FedEx here is a real basic explanation on how to fill out FedEx USA Airbill form . This works for shipping freight or packages . This does not apply to international shipping , only domestic shipping .
- 1 The first part is pretty easy. The sender (you) will fill out the sender's contact information. Be sure to used the address that the package is shipping from. If that differs from, say, where you live, don't fill in your home address :-) Be also sure to fill in your FedEx account number
- 2 The next section is hard to see. It's right below the first section. In this space you can write up to 24 characters any information you want to see appear on your invoice. You can reference a job number or a simple note to remind you about something regarding this shipment
- 3 The next area you want to fill in the contact information for the recipient (the person or company your are shipping the package to) . Be sure to fill not only the company name (if applicable) but also fill in the name of the person you want to receive the package as well as a phone number they can be reached at
- 4 This section includes the option to have your package shipped to and held at FedEx facility for pick up. If you check HOLD WEEKDAY it will arrive at FedEx facility during a weekday. If HOLD SATURDAY, it can be delivered and held by FedEx on a Saturday
- 5 This section also includes the option for weekend delivery. This is good if your shipment can not wait for delivery on the following Monday. There is an extra charge to do this. You can have the shipment of your package or documents arrive on a Saturday or Sunday. If you ship SATURDAY DELIVERY it will arrive Saturday. If you check SUNDAY DELIVERY it will arrive Sunday
- 6 The next section you want to complete tells FedEx how fast you need it shipped. Basically, you are picking one of their package shipping services . This section is only for packages under 150 lbs or letters. Basically anywhere from early AM next day to three business days. The sooner it arrives the more expensive the shipment of this parcel will be. Check off the shipping option you prefer
- 7 The next section you want to complete tells FedEx how fast you need it shipped. You are picking one of their freight shipping services . This section is only for freight over 150 lbs. Basically anywhere from early AM next day to three business days. The sooner it arrives the more expensive the shipment of this parcel will be. Check off the shipping option you prefer. You'll also need to call FedEx for delivery schedule
- 8 Then fill out any special handling. One box MUST be checked in order to process your shipment. If there is not special handling, simply check NO. Otherwise, indicate how your package shipment should be handled
- 9 Payment is next. Basically, FedEx wants to know how they are getting paid to ship your merchandise , gifts , documents , etc. If you check SENDER, it will get billed to the account number in your contact info (one of the first things on this USA Air bill shipping form you completed ). RECIPIENT means the person receiving it will get billed. Be sure to include their account number in space below. THIRD PARTY means that someone other than the sender (you) and recipient is paying. Be sure to include their account number in the space below.
- 10 Also fill in total packages, weight and declared value. Declared value is necessary in case it gets damaged you can file a claim with FedEx. Be honest though, higher declared value means higher shipment charges.
- 11 Finally, there is a release signature option below. If you sign this, FedEx will ship and leave the package at recipient address WITHOUT anyone having to sign for it. In general, I suggest you do NOT sign this unless you are very confident your recipient 1) will get the package and 2) There won't be anyone available to sign for it.
- 12 That's it. Thanks for reading my How To Fill Out FedEx USA Shipping Airbill Form for Business