Do you ever have a door stick on you? Does the door feel like you need to tear it off its hinges to free it? Read on the learn how to Fix a Door that Sticks and Won't Open Easily
- 1 Look at the door and examine where it is sticking. That is, look to see what part of the door is stuck against the door frame.
- 2 Try to assess why it is sticking. Has the door been painted so much that the layers of paint are making it too big for the frame? If the paint is not a problem, maybe it sticks in moist weather which causes the door to swell? Is there a problem with the hinge?
- 3 If paint is a problem, get yourself some paint thinner and a scraper. Take the paint completely off along the edge of the door that is sticking. If it closes fine, then repaint the bear edge with the color of the door.
- 4 If door expansion is a problem then remove the door and plane down the edge of the door that is sticking.
- 5 If the above is not a problem. Check the hinges. Sometimes a loose hinge can hurt the performance of a door. Check the screws. If they are pulling out, try screwing them back in. You may need to replace a slightly larger and thicker screw so that it 'bites' into the wood easier.
- 6I hope that helps to show you how to Fix a Door that Sticks and Won't Open Easily