Locate Workplace EIN Number
Whether for tax purposes or business purposes you may be required to know a businesses EIN number. Also known as the Employer Identification Number or the Federal Tax Number . It is not hard to locate . Read on to Learn How To Find Employer's Work Business EIN Employer Identification Number
- Step 1 First, look for your most recent paycheck from your place of employment.
- 2 On the stub portion that you retain for your records, it will be on there somewhere as the EIN number . Look for that. It will be a fairly long number typically with a dash after the first two digits
- 3 If you don't have a check, you probably have a W2 form somewhere from when you last did your taxes . Look for your W2 form. You can locate the Employer Identification number in box 8 of your W2 (at least as of 2010 it is box 8 :-)
- 4 If you can't locate either a check stub or W2, call your work or ask in person. This number is not a secret number. Quite the opposite. It is used to identify your workplace as a legitimate business entity. They'll give it to you.
- 5 That's it! Thanks for reading my How To Find Employer's Work Business EIN Employer Identification Number
- Step 1