Kilometer to a Mile
Doing any metric to English measurement conversion can be tricky. I'll explain kilometer to mile conversion as simply as possible. Read on to learn how to Convert Calculate Kilometers Km to Miles Mi
- 1 First, it is good to get a little perspective. Keep in mind that one mile is a longer distance than one kilometer. A mile is almost twice as long as a kilometer.
- 2 Next, understand that 1 kilometer km = .621371 Mile mi.
- 3 Now, let's do the kilometer to miles conversion! Determine how many kilometers you need to convert.
- 4 Then multiply it by .621371. This will give you the conversion in miles. Easy right?
- 5 Let's put this all together. Say you want to convert 10 kilometers into miles. Essentially you are asking yourself, "How many miles is 10 kilometers?" Take 10 kilometers and multiply by .621371 = 6.21371 Miles. In other words, 10 kilometers is equal to 6.21371 miles
- 6 I hope that takes the mystery out of kilometer to mile conversion! Thanks for reading my How to Convert Calculate Kilometers Km to Miles Mi