How to Convert Cost Per Pound Lb to Cost Per Kilo / Kilogram kg
Hi! Converting cost per pound to cost per Kg can be tricky, but this article should fix that for good.
- Step 1 Essentially to covert cost per kg to cost per lb, take the kg price and divide it by 2.2046 to determine the lb price. To covert cost per pound to cost per kilograms MULTIPLY the pound price by 2.2046. Simply put, that's how to do it, if you really want more explanation read below.... at your own risk :-)
- Step 2 Basically 1 kilogram equals 2.2046 pounds (there's a longer decimal position but I shorten it to 2.2046)
- Step 3 With that in mind, you know that one kilogram is heavier than one pound and therefore the 'per kilogram' price will always be HIGHER than the 'per pound' price.
- Step 4 Let's use this in an example. Let's say that tomatoes at the grocery store cost $2.99 per pound. The price of the same tomatoes per kilogram would be 6.591754 or basically $6.59 per kilogram. Since there are 2.2046 pounds per kilogram, you would need to take the $2.99 per pound price and multiply it by 2.2046 totaling 6.591754 per kilo
- Step 5 Let's look at it the other way. Let's say chicken at the grocery store costs $2.2046 per kilogram. What you are basically saying is that 2.2046 POUNDS of chicken costs $2.2046 (since 1 kg = 2.2046 lbs) . Therefore $2.2046 per kg divided by 2.2046 lbs = $1.00/lb
- Step 1