If you have a PayPal account and offer things for sale on sites such as Ebay or perhaps your own website the day may come when you need to issue a refund to a customer on PayPal. Please read on to learn how to Send a Refund on PayPal
- 1 Log in to your PayPal account
- 2 A page will appear showing your recent activity. See if the transaction you wish to issue a refund to is on this page. If it is, click DETAILS. If it isn't, then click on PAYMENTS RECEIVED link just above the recent activity transactions and then click DETAILS on transaction you want to refund.
- 3 This is probably the trickiest and least user-friendly part of PayPal refunds. A page will appear showing details of your transaction. Scroll down the page until you get to the bottom....
- 4 Then click on ISSUE REFUND. Don't worry.... if you only want to issue a partial refund, you'll be able to do so after clicking ISSUE REFUND. No money is returned at this point.
- 5 Another PayPal page appears called "Issue Refund". If you only want to issue a partial refund, click in the box titled refund amount and change it to the amount you want to refund.
- 6 If you want to return all money to the buyer, you don't have to touch this box at all, just leave the full refund amount in there.
- 7 If you wish to leave a note such as, "Hi! Here's the money I owe you for damaged products." etc do so in the Note to Buyer (optional) box. You don't have to enter anything here. It is up to you.
- 8 Click continue
- 9 A page appears on your PC monitor that allows you one last chance to review and edit this money back transaction. If you need to edit, click the EDIT button, if not, click ISSUE REFUND. If you want to cancel all together sending any money click CANCEL.
- 10Finally a PayPal page appears confirming that the money will be returned. Thanks for reading my How To Send a Refund on PayPal
More Great TurtleDog Posts on TurtleDogs Blog
Ever Get a Scam Email That Poses as Important Info From PayPal? Read Here