For some home projects turning off the power to a particular Electric switch or Electrical outlet is very important for your safety. Electric power in the house is very deadly so you want to be safe. Read on to learn out to Turn Power off To Electrical Switch or Outlet in a room
- 1 First, remember, for all of these steps, if you aren't absolutely sure the power is off or if you think you are doing something wrong, contact a certified electrician, we definitely don't want you to get hurt :-)
- 2 Determine the switch or outlet that you no longer want the electric power to go to.
- 3 To ensure you have determined the proper electrical switch or electrical outlet. First turn off all of the switches in the room.
- 4 Then plug two lamps into the same outlet that either is 1) The outlet you want to turn the power off to or 2) The outlet that is controlled by the switch you want to replace.
- 6 IF the lamps do NOT go on, consider calling an electrician or turn ALL the power off in your house. Your outlet or switch simply isn't working and you won't be able to tell for sure if the power is off. Without an electrician or simply turning ALL power off (consult your home alarm manual if you have a home alarm or other devices that may be a problem if you cut off power)
- 8 Turn off one switch at a time until both lamps go out. (Note: If you are replacing an electrical switch outlet that isn't working in the first place and, hence, you aren't getting power in the lamps when you turn them on in step one, turn off all power in the house, by turning all switches on the board off. If you aren't sure, call an electrician. It is better to be safe than dead :-O
- 9 Just to reiterate...if both lamps do not go on in step 5, either contact an electrician or turn all power off in the house by turning off all switches on your electrical breaker board. (Be sure to consult your home alarm manual if you have a home alarm or other devices that may be a problem if you cut off power). If the lamps aren't going on in the first place, you won't know if you've effectively turned your power off.
- 10 Hope that helps. Thanks for reading my Turn Power off To Electrical Switch or Outlet in a Room
More Great TurtleDog Posts on TurtleDogs Blog
How to Convert Miles to Furlongs
What Do Fire Extinguisher Symbols Mean? Learn Here