Picking Out The Best Asparagus for Your Delicious Dinner Recipe
Hi!! Have a favorite asparagus recipe you want to try but aren't sure how to choose the right asparagus? Read on to learn how to Pick supermarket asparagus for your best recipes.
- 1 Asparagus is wonderful, healthy vegetable. It seems to be most available from February to fall, but tastes its best in springtime.
- 2 Looks for stalks that are firm and with a good green color. If the ends are overly white and hard avoid them. Not a real big deal since you'll cut those ends off before cooking, but you'll minimize waste and maximize the amount you eat by paying attention to this detail.
- 3 Look for tips that are closed. That is, look at the 'flowery' part at the end. If the buds are separated from the stalk, don't choose them.
- 4 When you find good stalks, then choose ones that are about the same diameter or thickness. When picking supermarket asparagus for your best recipes, the thickness itself isn't a big deal, but if you choose them about the same size, they will cook together more evenly.
- 5 I generally have no problem cooking asparagus with the 'skin on'. That said, if you find the stalks (skin) too thick, feel free to peel it before cooking.
- 6Asparagus is great steamed, grilled or boiled. Like all veggies they are good for you too so eat up! I love it when we are all the more healthy
More Great TurtleDog Posts on TurtleDogs Blog
Make Bacon Flawlessly in Oven Every Time!
How to Get Garden Vegetable Plants To Grow Indoors
Cool Way to Peel a Pepper To Avoid Seeds
Choose The Best Apple at Grocery Store