Put New Front Lights in an Automobile Easy
I might be the worst mechanic on the planet. Seriously, there are petunias more mechanical than me. That said, I can do some real basic stuff. If I can do it, you can do it. Read on to learn how to install a car headlight bulb .
- New headlight bulb that is designed for your car.
- 1 Before you rely entirely on my article, keep in mind that I own a 1995 Honda civic and replaced the headlight bulb in that car. Read ahead, if your car is similar, this article is right for you
- 2 Go to any auto parts store headlight section. There will be a catalog in the aisle. You'll need to know the make, model and year of your car. Look up make model and year of your car in the catalog to determine the correct headlight. The catalog will reference a part number for the correct headlight for your car.
- 3 That same part number will be written on the packaging of the headlight. Find the headlight with that number. If you aren't sure, just ask the clerk at the store to find it for you.
- 8 When you open the package that holds the new bulb. Try not to touch the 'bulb' section of the bulb. Hold it by the base. I'm told certain car headlight bulbs lose life if they come in contact with oils from your hand.
- 9Holding the bulb by the base, install the bulb and reverse the process above. Start the car and see if it works OK. Then you are all set.
More Great TurtleDog Posts on TurtleDogs Blog
How to Fix Your Car's Bumper Cheaply, Real Cheaply
How to Replace and Electrical Light Switch Easy