Metronomes have been used by musicians for hundreds of years. They are an essential, impartial time keeper for any serious musician looking to hone their sense of time. Read on to learn how to use a free metronome on line
- 1 Metronomes range in price considerably. Most simple electronic versions are very inexpensive and can be purchased for under twenty dollars.
- 2 If you are a new musician trying to save some cash or a seasoned musician who finds yourself without one, there are metronomes on the internet that you can use right from your computer.
- 3 Try searching the net for your favorite site. Personally, I go to webmetronome.com . There's no sign up to use the metronome, you don't have to do any risky downloads, and it's free. No strings attached.
- 4 Just go to that site.....
- 5 The metronome appears right away....
- 6 Adjust to your preferred beats per minute. Then below that...
- 7 Adjust to your preferred beats per cycle. Then below that....
- 8 Select what beats you want your accent on..
- 9 Then click start and the metronome will start using your desired settings.
- 10You can even link to your desired settings. Give it a try. I use it when I'm sitting at my desk and don't feel like fumbling around finding my own .... yeah, I know that sounds lazy, but time is everything :-)