How to Put a Strikethrough line across information in a Cell in MS Excel
Have you ever wanted to leave information in cells in an Excel but show them as crossed out or show them with a line that strikes through this information. It is pretty simple and is another tool to help you keep data accurate and organized. Please read on to learn how to Cross Out Information Data in Cells in Excel with a Strike Though Line
- 1 Open the Excel document that has the data you wish to cross out or strike through.
- 2 Once this is up on your PC screen, highlight the cell or cells that contain the information or data you wish to strike out.
- 3 Right click on those highlighted blocks
- 4 A drop down box will appear on your computer monitor. Choose FORMAT CELLS
- 5 A window will open on your PC screen. Click on the FONT tab located toward the top of that window
- 6 Toward the bottom of this window there is a section called EFFECTS. Within that area click on the block next to STRIKETHOUGH
- 7 Then hit OK button
- 8 You should see on your PC monitor that the Excel spreadsheet now has the line striking out the information . You're all done !
- 9 Thanks for reading my How To Cross Out Information Data in Cells in Excel with a Strike Though Line
More Great TurtleDog Posts On TurtleDogs Blog
Learn to Define Constant Values in Microsoft Excel
How to Type Multiple Lines in One Excel Cell
How to Make New Folders in Lotus Notes