Measuring Butter Correctly
Ever have trouble translating measurements for butter? Ever wonder how much is a tablespoon of butter or how much is an ounce? Read on to learn how to Measure butter for cooking recipes .
- This ehow :-)
- Stick or sticks of butter
- Your favorite recipe
- Measuring spoon
- kitchen scale and wax paper (optional)
- 1 Butter.... ahhh... the all important ingredient in so many recipes. You've got to love it, but not too much or too little or you'll throw your recipe out of whack, here are the essentials....
- 2 Use a measuring spoon or if you have a kitchen scale you can lay wax paper on it and measure that way. Another way is to 'eyeball' the amount and just take the portion of the butter stick necessary by eye... see below...
- 3 1 tablespoon of butter = 1/8 of a stick = 1/2 of one ounce
- 4 2 tablespoons of butter = one ounce or 1/4 of a stick
- 5 4 tablespoons of butter = two ounces or 1/2 cup = 1/2 of a stick
- 6 32 tablespoons butter (yeah, this would be a workout if you used the measuring spoon, instead use..) 4 WHOLE sticks = 16 ounces = 1 pound = 1 full cup .
- 7Hope that helps! I really hope you enjoyed my article on how to Measure Butter for Cooking Recipes
More Great TurtleDog Posts on TurtleDogs Blog
How to Get Rid of Kitchen Grease
How to Get Clothing Laundry Properly Dried