Painting a Home Inside Door With Panels
Paneled doors are basically those very common doors in most homes that have those recessed square/rectangular panels. Paneled interior doors are fairly easy to paint if you follow the proper technique. Please read on to learn how to Paint A Paneled Home Interior Door
- Moderately Easy
- Stuff you'll need
- 1 Open the door and slide a drop cloth under the door. Have the drop cloth stick out a few feet on all sides of the door. We want to keep that floor paint free!
- 2 Put wedges under the door to keep it from moving while you work on it. If you can't find a wedge, ball up a towel or drop cloth and wedge under the door.
- 3 Remove the door knob from the door. Sometimes door knobs can be tricky to put back on. If you aren't confident you can do this, instead of removing the door knob, just loosen by loosening (but not removing) the two screws until the knob hangs loose away from the door. Then mask the knob with painters tape.
- 4 Using painters tape, mask the hinges and hinge plates. We don't want to get any paint on the hinges
- 7 Paint the cross rails that run horizontally. These are the 'boards' that run horizontally above, below and between the recessed panels/molding. Paint in the horizontal direction.
- While doing this, keep in mind that paint will want to drip down the door. Keep smoothing over any paint that drips with your paint brush.
- 11 Let dry. Check back on the door from time to time to be sure there are no drips.
- 12 Remove tape and reassemble door knob.
More Posts on TurtleDogs Blog
How to Hold a Paint Brush
How to Get a New PA Drivers Registration Fast